Family Law Attorney Serving Las Vegas
Going through a divorce is difficult enough, but attempting to reach a compromise in regards to child custody and visitation can add a new layer of complications and stress. At The Law Office of Stephen Reid, Esq., we can help you create a personally tailored parenting plan that will protect you and your child’s interests. We can guide you through:
- Negotiating child custody and visitation
- Creating a shared parenting plan
- Modifying or enforcing an existing custody arrangement
Typically, a parenting plan through settlement agreements is preferable to going to court. A settlement allows parties to maintain more control over the process and come up with a parenting plan that’s more nuanced for their needs. Furthermore, a parenting plan worked out through settlement agreements is generally more efficient, private and cost-effective than litigation.
Not all divorce-related issues can be resolved with a mutual agreement, and that’s why there is litigation. If your case does go to court, it’s important to know what factors a judge may consider before making a decision on child custody:
- The child’s age
- The child’s wishes
- The wishes of each parent
- The presence of siblings
- Living accommodations
- How the child will be affected by either arrangement
- Mental and physical health of the child and parents
- The quality of the relationship between the child and each parent
- Each parent’s ability to provide for the child’s physical and emotional needs
- The willingness of each parent to keep the other parent involved in the child’s life
- Evidence of domestic violence
- Parental drug or alcohol problems
If you have any questions or need legal help regarding your custody battle, please contact our Las Vegas child custody lawyer at The Law Office of Stephen Reid, Esq. We are available 24/7 to discuss your situation.
Call (702) 500-1598 or contact us online today.